Friday, March 21, 2014

Green Eggs & Ham


My dad raised me right, I grew up on Dr. Seuss and Rock n' Roll. Sam I Am and Cat in the Hat were usually sung to the tune of the Rolling Stones or AC/DC. Perhaps my dad's parenting style was unconventional, but I think I turned out alright. This breakfast dish is the culinary version of my childhood Dr. Seuss remixes. Comfort food meets nostalgia. It's a great way to start the day. 

6 farm fresh eggs
1 bunch kale, rinsed and chopped 
SarVecchio, grated for garnish 
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

1 loaf Slow Dough Cranberry Walnut Bread, sliced 
1 Granny Smith apple, sliced thin
1/3 lb Holey Cow, sliced thin

For green eggs: heat evoo over medium heat and cook kale until just wilted and bright green. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper and scramble with sautéed kale. Garnish with grated SarVecchio. For ham: layer apple slices and Holey Cow on each slice of bread. Toast until cheese is melted and bread is golden. Top with a few slices of prosciutto. 

*Serves 4

No comments:


Cows in Repose on Veldhuizen Family Farm. Dublin, TX