Thursday, March 27, 2014

Oregonzola Shrimp Bake

Truth be told, when I started as a Dairymaid 3 years ago, I didn't really like blue cheese. Sure, I could dunk veggies and greasy chicken wings in something that resembled blue cheese, but I had qualms with a real blue. I actually had a nightmare about Bosque Blue. Now I love them. We carry several "life changing" cheeses, for the blue novice. This dish was inspired by my new found love and it's drowning in butter, so that's cool. Serve over baked spaghetti squash, pasta or toasted baguette.

Oregonzola Shrimp Bake

1 lb shrimp (about 15), peeled
2 tablespoons Lucky Layla Golden Butter 
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 tablespoon mined garlic
1 generous dash crushed red pepper 
1 generous dash Pollen Ranch Dill Pollen
2 lemons, juice and zest from 1, plus 1 for garnish 
1/4 lb Oregonzola 

Heat oven to 450. Toss shrimp in seasonings, garlic and lemon. In an oven-proof baking dish, slightly melt butter for just a minute or two. Add shrimp and slices of lemon to dish and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with crumbles of Oregonzola. 

*generous servings for 2 

No comments:


Cows in Repose on Veldhuizen Family Farm. Dublin, TX